ANNO: Mutationem first launched for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on March 17.
Here is an overview of the game, via TapTap:
- Explore and Discover – This is a world full of surprises waiting for you to find out! While going thru the main story you can chat with a Cyborg corgi, take on a part-time bartender job, hunt down vicious criminals reveal the true face of a trending V-streamer! By exploring diverse locations such as neon Noctis Town, an off-shore cargo ship and huge underground structures, players are free to go as they please and act as they want.
- New Perspective – Unique 2D-to-3D gameplay, seamless switching between 2D action and platforming, and 3D exploration to interact with the world and its inhabitants. Let’s dive into pixel gaming from another perspective!
- Ann Kicks Ass – Ann will slash, shoot, combo, grenade-throw and ground-pound her way through hordes of enemies and huge bosses. From great swords to double blades, from pistols to rocket launchers and uppercuts, time to become the one-girl army you always knew you had in you.
- Try to Finish the Jigsaw – A grand story, befitting a rich and dark cyberpunk décor, featuring our main hero Ann Flores and her trusty hyper hacker side-kick Ayane on a personal mission to find out where her missing brother has gone to. Little do the two know just what they will unravel…
- Arm Yourself to Teeth – Collect, buy, or craft items and upgrade Ann’s stats, skills, and gear. Use chips to modify any kind of weapon you find. Equip Ann and make her combat-ready for all enemies (both humanoid and not…) that are about to head her way.
Watch a new trailer below.