Capcom has announced Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam Vol. 1, Vol. 2). It will launch in 2023. It will be available as an all-in-one physical edition for PlayStation 4 and Switch, as well as digitally in two volumes.
Here is an overview of the collection, via Capcom:
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection will upload all 10 Mega Man Battle Network titles, including graphics filters and additional bonus content, to today’s consoles, including Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam in 2023.
The story of Mega Man Battle Network takes place in the near-future interconnected world of Net Society, which depends upon computer programs known as Network Navigators (or NetNavi for short) to manage everything from their toasters to city power grids. While the networked age brings all manner of convenience, it has also imported a wave of cybercrime eroding all levels of society. In these games, players take on the role of Lan Hikari using their PErsonal Terminal (or PET) and his NetNavi, MegaMan.EXE, to confront the culprits behind these cybercrimes. Players control MegaMan.EXE as he explores the net, engages in grid-based combat, and uses Battle Chips to gain devastating abilities capable of deleting even the most sinister viruses.
Stay tuned for more updates on Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection prior to its release in 2023.
- 10 .EXEllent Games – Available as a single collection or as part of two separate digital volumes, the full list of titles in the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection includes:
- Mega Man Battle Network
- Mega Man Battle Network 2
- Mega Man Battle Network 3 White
- Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue
- Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun
- Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon
- Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Protoman
- Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel
- Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar
- Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar
- Rocking Tunes – Rock out to some tunes in the Music Player, which includes more than 180 tracks from all 10 titles.
- Roll Through the Gallery – Network Navigators will be able to access over 1,000 pieces of concept art, character sketches, and official illustrations in the collection’s Gallery.
- The “Mystery Data” section will contain exclusive illustrations from past events and images of licensed goods from this era of Mega Man titles.
- Crisp Visual Filters – Optional high resolution filters allow players to enjoy smoother, less pixelated visuals. Players can turn the filters off / on at any time if they would prefer to enjoy the original visuals of the Battle Network games.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.