Publisher Activision and developer Infinity Ward have released the reveal trailer and first details for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, as well as confirmed its launch across PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Battle.net on October 28.
Get the details below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, the sequel to 2019’s blockbuster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, will deliver the most ambitious and innovative Call of Duty to date, ushering in a new era for the franchise. Next-generation technology and gameplay come together in the most groundbreaking and comprehensive game in the series. Fight alongside Task Force 141 in a globe-trotting single-player campaign, play lone-wolf or rally with your team in immersive multiplayer combat, complete with new locales and ways to play, and experience an evolved Special Ops game mode featuring tactical co-op gameplay. Fans everywhere can look forward to a new Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 experience releasing this year, the evolution in Battle Royale with a brand-new play space. Expect a massive calendar of free content post-launch featuring evolving gameplay with new maps, modes, seasonal events, community celebrations and more.
Epic and Gripping Single-Player Campaign
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II picks up the action as the sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), as the newly formed Task Force 141 faces a massive global threat across a campaign of missions that push the boundaries of gameplay.
- The action takes players around the world as Task Force 141 works to neutralize a terrorist conspiracy and attack on the US, spanning locations around the globe.
- A newly aligned menace conspires to create chaos inside the US’ borders and Task Force 141 must come together against all odds.
- Players will fight alongside the most iconic characters in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, including Captain Price, Ghost, Soap, Gaz and Laswell, as well as encounter a host of lethal new allies like Mexican Special Forces, Colonel Alejandro Vargas and adversaries drawn from the murkiest corners of the global war on terror.
New Gameplay Innovations
- Infinity Ward has continued to innovate upon the blockbuster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), ushering in the new era of Call of Duty. In a memorable new take on classic boots-on-the-ground gameplay, players will need to strategically consider the role of night vision, stealth, amphibious assaults, vehicular warfare, and more as they fight against the odds.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and a new Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 experience will deliver revolutionary new advancements in Al that affect each game experience, including squad mate positioning and enemy patterns to NPCs and civilian movement, and much more, all dynamically react to
- New gunsmith that provides players with a massive amount of weapon customization.
- RICOCHET Anti-Cheat will continue its multi-faceted approach to combat cheating in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and to the new Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 experience. Team RICOCHET is bringing its consistently updated suite of server-side tools and detection systems to our title in an effort to fight unfair play.
The New Generation of Call of Duty
- Infinity Ward’s Next-Gen Debut: The original studio behind Call of Duty implements a next generation focus. For the first time in Call of Duty history, the team is using one unified Call of Duty engine across the franchise, starting with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0.
- This engine builds on the engine that debuted with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) with the best tech from across the studios to deliver the most advanced engine ever in Call of Duty.
- New technology, including new toolchains, AI and locomotion models are refined.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II features a physically based material system allowing for state-of-the-art photogrammetry, a new hybrid tile based streaming system, new PBR water and underwater decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, and more as well as a new GPU geometry pipeline. All of this is in service of a massive cinematic campaign.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II will be available globally on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Battle.net and Steam on Friday October 28th, 2022.
- The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Open Beta will be free across all platforms, with players who pre-order gaining early access.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is published by Activision, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) and developed by award-winning developer, Infinity Ward.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II for the PC delivers a fully optimized experience, developed by Beenox, for Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment‘s online gaming service, and Steam.
- Additional development support from Beenox, Raven, High Moon, Toys for Bob and others.
Watch the worldwide reveal trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.