The base game will cost $19.99 digitally, while a “Deluxe Edition” including the Season 1 Pass will also be available both physically and digitally for $39.99. Pre-orders for the Deluxe Edition are available now via Maximum Games Store.
The Season 1 Pass includes four new downloadable content fighters, stages, and cosmetics, and will also be available separately when it launches for consoles and PC later this year.
Them’s Fightin’ Herds first launched in Early Access for PC via Steam on February 22, 2018, followed by a full release on April 30, 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via Modus Games:
The fiercest four-legged fighting game gets physical! Beloved 2D fighting game Them’s Fightin’ Herds brings non-stop adorable mayhem to home consoles and PC with an all-new physical release. Featuring a cast of characters designed by acclaimed cartoon producer Lauren Faust, this rich fighter provides unique combat mechanics, beautiful stages, and stunning animation. Learn the ropes as you play through an episodic story mode filled with challenging boss fights, and then take your skills online to battle against other players from around the world with GGPO rollback netcode!
- Streamlined Combat – Four-button fighting mechanics, magic system, enhanced super attack, and juggle decay to prevent infinite combos.
- Story Mode – An episodic adventure filled with exploration, combat challenges, minigames, and boss fights!
- Local Versus and Online Matchmaking – Fight opponents offline or battle across the globe with GGPO’s powerful rollback netcode.
- Tutorial and Training Modes – Learn the ropes with guided tutorials, practice combos in the data-rich training room, test your skills with premade combo trials or create your own to share with friends.
- Replay System – Record your matches, then review every detail frame-by-frame!
- Pixel Lobby – Explore a top-down visual lobby and meet other players. Customize your avatar using resources collected through the hidden Salt Mines, a dungeon crawl minigame that pits players against waves of NPC predators… and each other!
- Dynamic Music System – Rockin’ battle music adapts to the characters to make every match feel like a clash of champions.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.