Bohemia Interactive has announced Arma Reforger, an open-world multiplayer first-person shooter set during the Cold War and stepping stone to Arma 4, which is currently in development. Arma Reforger is available now in Early Access for Xbox Series and PC via Steam for $29.99.
Arma Reforger showcases Bohemia Interactive’s progress on its new Enfusion engine and will function as a creative platform, providing multiple tools and services for users to modify and adjust the experience.
As a standalone installment, the game serves as a platform for players to enjoy the new capabilities of the Enfusion engine, as well as to provide valuable feedback for the ongoing development of Arma 4. Bohemia Interactive also hopes Arma Reforger will empower the Arma community of modders with a new suit of integrated, in-house Enfusion tools.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Powered by the new Enfusion engine, Arma Reforger lets you fight for supremacy over 51 km2 of incredible island terrain in an authentic Cold War setting, or create unique scenarios in real-time with the Game Master curation mode. Return to Everon, the war-driven microstate from the hit game that started it all, Arma: Cold War Assault.
Arma Reforger is the first step towards Arma 4 and a versatile, creative, fully-moddable platform for the future, offering a glimpse of things to come.
- Everon – Return to Everon, a 51 km2 mid-Atlantic island in the Malden archipelago. Revisit familiar locales from Operation Flashpoint and revel in the natural beauty of a massive open-world; a stunning landscape of pine and broadleaf forests, flowing rivers, ponds, idyllic towns, and austere mountains, surrounded by pebble beaches and rocky coastlines.
- Conflict – Join players online and experience realistic Cold War combat as a US or Soviet Army soldier. Capture strategic positions, dominate the battlefield, and work with others to secure objectives in a dynamic, unforgiving environment. With a selection of period-authentic weapons and vehicles, recreated in meticulous detail, Arma Reforger‘s multiplayer game mode returns you to war.
- Game Master – Control events, create unique missions, and guide players towards victory in Game Master — or submit yourself to the challenges devised by all-powerful creators and fight your way through a responsive sandbox where anything can happen.
- Multiplatform – Deploying on both Xbox and PC for the very first time in the Arma series, Arma Reforger‘s modded content is now available to all and can be downloaded by console owners from the Workshop, a content creation sharing repository, exclusive to the game.
- Multiplayer – Curate events for friends behind the fog of war as Game Master in Arma Reforger‘s real-time scenario editor or team up and go head-to-head with others across a sprawling island terrain in Conflict.
- Workbench – Thanks to the Enfusion engine, you can mod Arma Reforger using the exact same tools used to make it. Introduce new mechanics, assets, textures, and more. The only limit is your scripting ability and imagination. Reshape the game and share your own creative vision!
- Workshop – Expand the game with original modded content or make and share your own! The Workshop is Bohemia Interactive’s own integrated, repository service, meaning console players can now unleash the same creative possibilities as PC users.
Watch a set of trailers below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.