Supernatural detective noir visual novel and Meteor World Actor sequel Meteor World Actor: Badge & Dagger will launch for PC via Steam and Johren on June 10 in the west, publisher Shiravune and developer Heliodor announced.
Meteor World Actor: Badge & Dagger first launched for PC on June 25, 2021 in Japan.
Here is an overview of the game, via Shiravune:
The Seventh Republic—the city despised by the sun. Sunlight hasn’t reached here since the last great war, and the shadows teem with vicious criminals.
With evil threatening on every side, the National Police Agency is a stronghold of justice, but detective Ruka Hiryu belongs to the 13th Division—nicknamed the Sideliners, and treated like shit by the rest of the force.
Absent any major incidents to keep him distracted, Ruka has been investigating the sealed Cult Massacre case in secret.
Things change when the 13th picks up two new members. The agency is shaken with unreliable rumors about the semi-mythical Shining Union, and as suspicions and conjecture fly like bullets, will Ruka, the 13th, and the NPA go unscathed?
- Ruka Hiryu – A detective who’s had a hard time taking his work seriously for the past ten years, ever since he lost his mentor in the Cult Massacre. One year ago, he was forced to partner up with the rookie cop Claris, and in the course of their investigations together he reencountered the A-class criminal known as Linda. Recently, he’s been moving independently of Claris more often… His abilities are ice-based and too powerful for him to fully control. He keeps them repressed most of the time.
- Fuyumi Kadoya (voiced by Yuzu Tonuma) – An officer in Ikuta’s 1st Division, strong-willed, but formal and restrained. She hates Ruka for being so familiar with Ikuta, despite the difference in their ranks and Ruka’s station as a lowly sideliner. Although ordinarily a stickler for the rules, she dives headfirst into regulation-breaking when she suspects that her family may be involved in a case.
- Ryoko Hara (voiced by Mitsuka Natsume) – The beautiful sole employee of the café Love & Peace. Ruka finds her very attractive, and he’s hardly the only one—half the police force seems to be after her. Given how many police officers she chats with in the course of her work, she is surprisingly well-informed about internal NPA affairs.
- Nagare Asakura (voiced by Musubi Aono) – A detective newly reassigned to the 13th Division. Originally associated with Forensics, she has all the necessary skills to do such work. However, she has serious problems forming human connections, mostly because she actively avoids other people. This hasn’t changed since she joined the 13th, and she rarely converses with anyone aside from the usual morning and evening greetings.
- Claris Zeinburg (voiced by Mei Hanazono) – A fresh-faced rookie elf assigned to the 13th Division. After a year on the job, she has begun to develop a hint of competence. Unfortunately it’s still just a hint at this stage, and she slips up in minor but important ways. She possesses the common power of elves, an ability to control the wind that excels in mobility and defense.
- Mell (voiced by Miu Yuzuhara) – The exiled princess of Genomland. Ruka saved her from pursuit by dangerous assassins. With the heat off her for the moment, she has been working at the NPA’s cafeteria to make a living and enjoy the protection afforded by the agency’s walls. A sweet and earnest girl by nature, she has both the older lunch ladies and the cafeteria’s clientele wrapped neatly around her finger.
- Komachi Shinomiya (voiced by Kokomi Hanasaki) – An officer in the traffic division, Komachi is bright, witty, and a sucker for a handsome face. Her father is a senior police commissioner. She’s a seasoned organizer and attender of weekend mixers, through which she has a wide web of personal connections. She ends up looking after Ruka with some frequency, if not always entirely voluntarily. The two once cooperated on an undercover investigation.
- Chiffon MacDougall (voiced by Yui Kusuhara) – A segitt swordswoman who leads a simple, rustic lifestyle compelled by her chronic lack of funds. Exceptionally strong even for a segitt, she’s capable of facing down a delga one-on-one. She lives next door to Ruka, and runs a small subsistence farming operation in the hallway. She’s also found steady employment with Strichoss’s security outfit.
- Melissa (voiced by Ion Momoyama) – Ruka’s roommate, who dwells secretly in his coat pocket. Pixies like her are rare, and popular as household pets, which makes them targets for poachers. Ruka saved her after she fell into wicked hands. She’s a busybody and won’t keep out of Ruka’s business, but her bright cheer easily compensates. When Ruka gets up to things she’d rather not see, she’s considerate enough of him to go to sleep or simply pretend not to notice.
- Tamako Susukino (voiced by Iroha Haruno) – An officer of the 13th Division, her information analysis and hacking skills are top-notch. She’s so devastatingly effective, in fact, that she tends to look down on others without even thinking about it. Her partner on the force is the segitt Vars, and the two complement each other well. Due to the limited care she takes with her appearance, her eye-catchingly long hair is a bit of a mess.
- Linda (voiced by Umi Onna) – A dangerous Keeper with a power that allows her to control the young minds of children. More than ten years ago, she led a gang of child thieves called the Luiz, and it was in that capacity that she first crossed paths with a younger Ruka. Now, ten years later, she still looks much the same as she did back then. She has been assisting Ruka with his hunt for the Cult, but her true motives are still a mystery.
- Iyo Daimonji (voiced by Misaki Kamishiro) – A keeper who wields powerful flames. This ability, combined with her investigative chops, has brought her to the considerable rank of Commissioner in a somewhat chauvinistic police agency. She’s been following Ruka’s activities with interest as he pursues the Cult from the shadows.
Watch the opening movie below.