Light Fairytale Episode I first launched for PC via Steam and Humble Store on May 13, 2019, followed by Xbox One on September 13, 2019 and PlayStation 4 on November 4, 2019. A physical edition of the PlayStation 4 version is currently available via Red Art Games.
Here is an overview of Episode I, via neko.works:
Light Fairytale is a turn-based Japanese-style RPG series set in a dying underground world ruled by an evil empire.
The goal of this project is to bring back the immersion and emotion of 90s era JRPGs on current platforms with the expected evolution in both design and technique.
Each episode is a standalone game, approximately three hours long for a first playthrough, double it for a full completion of all the achievements and secrets.
Episode I is the start of the adventure. Play as Haru and his childhood friend Kuroko as they fight a dark empire in the underground “Lower City.”
- Classic turn-based battles that happen directly on the field.
- Modern real-time 3D graphics.
- Cute chibi characters.
- Playable in English, French, and Japanese.
- Enhanced on Xbox One X / Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 4 Pro / PlayStation 5.
- Ultra-wide and stereoscopic 3D support on PC.
- Haru – A bit lazy and a lot naive, Haru nonetheless is a kind soul and knows how to handle himself if push comes to shove.
- Kuroko – She might be short and cute (sometimes), but don’t let that fool you: Kuroko is exceedingly capable in battle and always willing to step up. She’s also fond of technology—maaaybe a bit too much so.
Watch an updated trailer below.