Ed-0: Zombie Uprising debut trailer, details, and screenshotsA zombie roguelike survival action game developed by Lancarse.
D3 Publisher and developer Lancarse have released the debut trailer, information, and screenshots for newly announced roguelike survival action game Ed-0: Zombie uprising, which will launch in Early Access for PC via Steam on April 4 for $19.99 / €19.99 /￡19.99 / 1,999 yen.
Here is an overview of the game, via D3 Publisher:
Designed for brutal strategic battles in a roguelike format, Ed-0: Zombie Uprising takes place in fictional Edo-era in Japan where hordes of hungry zombies have raided the isolated country. No dungeon run will be the same, so players’ judgment will be of the utmost importance, having to face “once-in-a-lifetime” challenges with a wide variety of random elements amid dangerous foes.
Ed-0: Zombie Uprising includes various undead enemies, ranging from “newly interpreted” Japanese zombies to foreign invaders born after the “Zombie Industrial Revolution.” Players will unlock more as they play (and succeed) with an increasing number of options to customize builds to their liking—with the option to bump up the level of difficulty to test one’s capability.
- Zombie Industrial Revolution – This event induces zombie occupation in 90 percent of the world in the early 19th century.
- Isolating the Country – The Edo Shogunate’s policy of seclusion completely cut off diplomatic relations with other countries. As a result, Japan was seen as one step behind civilization, but Japan succeeded in locking down against the threat of zombies.
- Opening the Country – Japan was attacked by a foreign ship, arriving in Yokohama in 1853. The country had no choice but to end its 200-plus years of seclusion.
The Early Access launch will include:
- Two playable characters, with a third coming later in Early Access.
- Over 10 hours of gameplay available right away.
- Three main quests, five sub quests, and three main bosses.
- Overs 100 skills and items.
- Everything is randomly generated for every run.
- Adjustable high degree of difficulty.
- Countless surprises and unpredictable adversaries.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.