The PlayStation VR version of virtual reality adventure game Sam & Max: This Time It’s Virtual! will launch via PlayStation Store on February 23, publisher Big Sugar and developer HappyGiant announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Big Sugar:
Sam is a dog with a hat. Max is a hyperkinetic naked rabbity thing. Together, they’re the Freelance Police, the intergalactically famous agents of indiscriminately applied justice, now starring in their umpteenth video game, Sam & Max: This Time It’s Virtual! Even multimedia evil-slappers like Sam and Max could use a hand, and this time they’re using the incomprehensible magic of virtual reality to invite the player into their off-kilter world for a furious day of monster-slaying, obstacle courses, responsibly discharged firearms, and, of course, saving the entire freaking world.
- Experience the two-fisted japes and tomfoolery of internationally beloved icons Sam & Max in mind-melting virtual reality!
- Push yourself to be the best of the best of the middling, as a dog and a naked rabbity thing harangue and cajole you through a bewildering assortment of Freelance Police Academy training challenges.
- Discover the horrible and socially relevant secrets lurking behind, under, and within Cap’n Aquabear’s rotting theme park!
- Give evil scientists and demonic trespassers their just desserts… with sprinkles!
- Immersion so real you can feel Sam’s breath on your neck!
- The This Time It’s Virtual! development team includes Sam & Max creator Steve Purcell, LucasArts alumni Peter Chan (concept art), Mike Stemmle (writer / designer), Mike Levine (creative director), and Julian Kwasneski and Jared Emerson-Johnson of Bay Area Sound, who worked on the Telltale series. David Nowlin and Dave Boat are returning to voice Sam and Max.
Watch a new trailer below.