Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Torus Games have announced tennis simulation game Matchpoint: Tennis Championships for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch this spring.
Here is an overview of the game, via Kalypso Media:
The season starts now—grab your racket and become the world’s next tennis champion!
Your opponent is on the court and the crowd waits for a promising challenger for the grand finale… Are you ready for Matchpoint?
Matchpoint: Tennis Championships is a modern take on tennis, featuring a true-to-life on-court experience supported by a deep career mode, and unique rivalry system.
The game places a strong focus on tactical realism, positioning, and aiming, allowing the player to move their superstar in exactly the right way to get the most out of their shots.
Matchpoint: Tennis Championships combines slick character animations, authentic ball physics, and enhanced player control to replicate the realistic rhythm of the game—every swing and hit feeling unique and satisfying.
- Start your journey in single-player or online multiplayer. A deep career mode featuring a merit-based ranking system, allows for accurate and competitive matchmaking.
- Create your own 3D tennis star. Choose your look, fashion and play style with an array of customization options including true to life techniques such as left-or right-handed, onehanded, or twohanded backhand.
- Dominate the court as a tennis professional. Matchpoint: Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, and Amanda Anisimova.
- Fully customize your athlete and wearables. From rackets to clothing, the game features gear from all of tennis’ name-brands including UNIQLO, HEAD, and many more. Unlock special equipment by winning competitive matches.
- Master all strokes and shots in grand style. Determine the outcome of a rally by choosing the best technique for the time: top spin, flat, lob, or slice shot.
- Take on opponents in local or online matches. Play against a cunning AI or face your friends and rivals on the court via local sessions and online cross-play.
- Study your rival’s moves and tactics. Watch your opponents and get to know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before you even hit the court.
- Practice makes perfect: hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Buff your strengths and diminish your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
- Fine-tune your tactics in Practice and Training modes: Jump into a variety of mini-games to hone your perfect game and become a force to be reckoned with on the court.
- Compete in exhibition matches at spectacular venues around the globe. Each court has its own characteristics; study your arenas of play and adapt your game to grass, clay, and hard courts.
- Replay mode. Breakpoint or deciding match point, capture your fiercest rallies on film and study the outcomes to improve your game.
Watch a set of trailers below.