IO Interactive has announced the second year of content for HITMAN III.
Additionally, the developer announced that it will release the Hitman Trilogy collection digitally for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and Microsoft Store on January 20. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC.
Get the full summary of new information below, via IO Interactive.
- Elusive Target Arcade – A brand new game mode that takes the Elusive Target concept to the next level, mixes up the formula and introduces new challenges and unlockable rewards.
- Freelancer Mode – Arriving in Spring 2022, Freelancer is a brand new way to play HITMAN III that introduces roguelike elements, strategic planning, and a customizable safehouse.
- HITMAN III VR on PC – HITMAN VR comes to PC on January 20 and the entire World of Assassination trilogy is fully supported.
- Hitman Trilogy Collection – The Hitman Trilogy will be available digitally as a single package on January 20 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Epic Games Store, Steam, Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and Game Pass Ultimate.
- New Technology on PC – Later in 2022, improvements to HITMAN III‘s impressive technology will include Ray Tracing, which will create better shadows, reflections, and maps. IO Interactive will also be implementing VRS (Variable Rate Shading) to boost PC performance and in partnership with Intel, IO Interactive will be one of the first development studios in the world to implement XeSS technology.
- HITMAN III on Steam – As highlighted above, HITMAN III arrives on Steam to coincide with the start of Year 2 and will have full support for PC VR from day one. Plus, all of the technical improvements mentioned earlier, such as Ray Tracing, XeSS and Variable Rate Shading when they become available.
- New Map Details – More details about this new map, which is codenamed “Rocky” will be revealed later in Year 2.
Read more here.
HITMAN III is available now for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC via Epic Games Store, and Stadia. The Switch version is cloud-only.
Watch the Year Two content reveal video below.