Users who already own the PlayStation 4 version can upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version free of charge.
The PlayStation 5 version features DualSense wireless controller support, and runs in native 4K resolution and 120 frames per second.
An Xbox Series version of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is also planned.
Here is an overview of the game, via PlayStation Store:
A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure!
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music, and gorgeous hand-drawn animations.
Can Jin save Monster World Kingdom? Help our young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more!
- Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
- Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi, and Takeshi Yanagawa.
- Feel the action like never before with our enhanced vibration and speaker support for DualSense wireless controllers.
- Enjoy your adventure in native 4K resolution and ultra smooth 120 frames per second.