Estonia-based developer Mishura Games has announced roguelike side-scrolling beat ’em up game IMMORTAL: And the Death that Follows for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch in Early Access for PC in 2023, followed by a full release in 2025. A demo is planned for 2022.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Develop your own unique fighting style, form your own gang and fight your inner demon while trying to escape an interdimensional prison for demigods. Immortal is a roguelike side-scrolling beat ’em up inspired by fighting games and 90s anime.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Fudo, the King of Wisdom and former warden of Buddha’s prison camp for demigods will learn humility as he is incarcerated with the rest for his betrayal of truth.
The former villain would have to use both his brawn and leadership skills to reunite the Asuras to escape the Titan Realm and its creator’s tyrannical regime. But with everyone in the prison wanting a piece of their former warden—it will not be easy.
You are Fudo’s only chance at redemption, having the ability to influence his choices. The last spark of humanity trapped in his vile corrupted soul. Will you succumb to the Wisdom King’s power and take the easy way out or fight for freedom until the very end?
- Battle on top of outrageous vehicles as they speed down a highway in gameplay that is equal parts Mario and Mortal Kombat.
- Stave off hordes of enemies in free-flow combat or engage in intense duels.
- Choose what happens to your enemies as they evolve and level up with you.
- Create a new move set and playstyle every time you play.
- Engage in an esoteric tug of war with your inner demon while carving your way through the social ladder of an interdimensional prison for demigods.
- All supported by unique eye-popping visuals, over-the-top animation and a rocking instrumental soundtrack.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.