Publisher Bandai Namco Entertainment and developer FromSoftware have delayed Elden Ring from its previously announced January 21, 2022 release date to February 25, as well as announced the dates for the Elden Ring closed network test.
“The depth of the game and the degree of freedom in strategy exceeded the initial expectations, hence it has been decided to extend the development time for final adjustments thus moving the release date to February 25, 2022,” Bandai Namco Entertainment said.
The closed network test will offer players a hands-on with the opening hours of the game, while assisitng the development team in testing the game’s online servers ahead of its release date. It will also support cross-generation play.
The schedule is as follows:
- November 12 from 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. PT
- November 12 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. PT
- November 13 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PT
- November 14 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT
- November 14 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. PT
- November 12 from 12:00 to 15:00 CET
- November 13 from 4:00 to 7:00 CET
- November 13 from 20:00 to 23:00 CET
- November 14 from 12:00 to 15:00 CET
- November 15 from 4:00 to 7:00 CET
- November 12 from 20:00 to 23:00 JST
- November 13 from 12:00 to 15:00 JST
- November 13 from 4:00 to 7:00 JST
- November 14 from 20:00 to 23:00 JST
- November 15 from 12:00 to 15:00 JST
Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco Entertainment:
The Golden Order has been broken. Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.
Elden Ring, developed by FromSoftware Inc. and produced by Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., is a fantasy action-RPG and FromSoftware’s largest game to date, set within a world full of mystery and peril.
- A New Fantasy World – Journey through the Lands Between, a new fantasy world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki, creator of the influential Dark Souls video game series, and George R. R. Martin, author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Unravel the mysteries of the Elden Ring’s power. Encounter adversaries with profound backgrounds, characters with their own unique motivations for helping or hindering your progress, and fearsome creatures
- World Exploration in the Lands Between – Elden Ring features vast fantastical landscapes and shadowy, complex dungeons that are connected seamlessly. Traverse the breathtaking world on foot or on horseback, alone or online with other players, and fully immerse yourself in the grassy plains, suffocating swamps, spiraling mountains, foreboding castles and other sites of grandeur on a scale never seen before in a FromSoftware title.
- Genre-Defining Gameplay – Create your character in FromSoftware’s refined action-RPG and define your playstyle by experimenting with a wide variety of weapons, magical abilities, and skills found throughout the world. Charge into battle, pick off enemies one-by-one using stealth, or even call upon allies for aid. Many options are at your disposal as you decide how to approach exploration and combat.
A free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version will be available for players who purchase Elden Ring on PlayStation 4, and SmartDelivery will be supported for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
Watch the closed network test trailer below. View a new screenshot at the gallery.