Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
Your friendly neighborhood invader-slayer is back: Cutter Slade returns to the spectacular alien world of Adelpha in Outcast 2: A New Beginning.
Twenty years after the events of the first game, Adelpha finds itself under threat of invasion: ruthless corporations are exploiting the planet and are enslaving and even killing the people. Cutter’s mission is clear: organize a resistance, rescue the people, and get rid of the invaders.
Outcast 2: A New Beginning is developed by the original team behind the first Outcast adventure—Appeal Studios from Belgium.
The open-world action-adventure features fast-paced third-person combat, as well as a non-linear science-fantasy story with dynamic plot progress based on player actions.
Outcast 2: A New Beginning is currently in development for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S.
And here are some additional details, via the game’s Steam page:
20 years after the award-winning action adventure hit, Outcast, pioneered the genre of non-linear open-world games, the long-awaited sequel sees Cutter Slade return to the spectacular alien world of Adelpha. Resurrected by the almighty Yods, he has returned to find the Talans enslaved, the world stripped of its natural resources, and his own past intertwining with the invading robot forces. It’s up to him to go on a mission and save the planet again.
The original team behind the original Outcast has reunited to create this fascinating world, full of dangerous creatures and home to the Talan people—an ancient culture whose fate has become inextricably linked with earth since the events of the first game. You play as Cutter Slade, ex-Navy SEAL, sporting the same dry wit he had back in the ’90s—however, the world around him has changed and eventually, so will he.
To save Adelpha, you will…
- Use your jetpack to jump, air-dash, glide, and quickly traverse the fantastic in-game open world.
- Combine dozens of different modules to create your own personal weapon for taking down the robot invaders.
- Have total control to approach the story at your own pace in this non-linear world.
- Explore the world without boundaries, discover hidden temples and dangerous wildlife.
- Get familiar with the Talan culture while helping them free their villages and gain access to ancient Talan powers that use forces of
- nature to Destroy your enemies.
- Experience a beautiful, hand-crafted world accompanied by an epic soundtrack by Outcast‘s original composer, Lennie Moore.