Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is now available for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, publisher Private Division and developers Squad and Blitworks announced. Users who already own the game for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One can upgrade to the new versions for free.
The game is available in both a $39.99 standard edition and a $59.99 Complete Edition, the latter of which includes both the “Breaking Ground” expansion and “History and Parts” pack.
Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:
In Kerbal Space Program, take charge of the space program for the alien race known as the Kerbals. You have access to an array of parts to assemble fully-functional spacecraft that flies (or doesn’t) based on realistic aerodynamic and orbital physics. Launch your Kerbal crew into orbit and beyond (while keeping them alive) to explore moons and planets in the Kerbol solar system, constructing bases and space stations to expand the reach of your expedition.
- Build spaceships, rockets, and vehicles using a massive collection of parts.
- Construct space stations, massive starships, and surface bases on new planets.
- Send your Kerbal crewmembers into space to become heroes.
- Three game modes: Science, Career, and Sandbox.
- Discover a whole star system with unique moons and planets.
- Research and develop new technologies, and much more!
New to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series Versions
- Improved framerate performance
- Improved high-definition resolution
- Increased part count on player crafts with a more stable experience
- Upgraded shaders and textures
- Supports mouse and keyboard
Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is optimized for console players, featuring a completely reworked user interface and new controls.