Syberia: The World Before will launch for PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG on December 10 for $39.99, followed by consoles in 2022, publisher and developer Microids announced. Specific consoles were not announced.
A Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for $49.99, which includes the game, original score composed by Inon Zur, an excerpt of the original script, a digital art book, and numerous wallpapers, avatars, and original storyboards drawn by creator Benoit Sokal.
Pre-orders for both the standard and Digital Deluxe Editions will include the digital art book.
Here is an overview of the game, via Microids:
Vaghen, 1937: Dana Roze is a 17-year-old girl, who is beginning a brilliant career as a pianist. However, shadows begin to appear over her future as the fascist threat of the Brown Shadow hangs over Europe, at the dawn of the Second World War.
Taiga, 2004: Kate Walker survives as best she can in the salt mine where she has been imprisoned, when a tragic event propels her into a new adventure in search of her identity.
- Set off on an adventure across continents and through time. Play as both Kate Walker and Dana Roze as you get to the bottom of mysteries that have remained buried for too long.
- Explore the fantastic and poetic world of Benoit Sokal, with its breathtaking sceneries and iconic characters.
- Unveil a mysterious plot sprinkled with puzzles in the traditional Syberia‘s fashion!
- Discover two captivating stories with incredibly high stakes written by Benoît Sokal and Lucas Lagravette.
- Allow yourself to be transported by the symphonic soundtrack composed by Inon Zur (Syberia 3, Fallout, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia).
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.