Fast-paced action platformer Aeon Drive will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on September 30, publisher Critical Reflex and developer 2Awesome Studio announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Critical Reflex:
A cyberpunk-themed platformer with a speedrunning twist, Aeon Drive stars Jackelyne, a space ranger desperate to get home, armed with a power sword and teleportation dagger. Jackelyne must sprint and dash through the neon-infused metropolis of Neo Barcelona, using time and space-bending abilities to find all the Drive Cores to fix her ship – and save the city from impending doom.
Aeon Drive features two separate gameplay modes. Story mode can be played solo or in local/online co-op for up to four players. Competitive player-versus-player can also be played with up to four players local and online.
- Teleport through lasers, spikes and saws, and dash in a flash to avoid dangers through 100 levels of cyberpunk Neo Barcelona.
- Run through time—Aeon Drive‘s unique time-warping system cuts down on repetition and keeps the challenge ahead of you fresh.
- Real-time difficulty adjustment—collect time-warping devices and use them strategically.
- Colorful pixel art visuals combining modern and retro styles.
- Advanced scoring system makes each new run fun and challenging for long-term replayability.
Watch a new gameplay walkthrough video below.