Time loop murder mystery game The Forgotten City will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on July 28, publisher Dear Villagers and developer Modern Storyteller announced. It will support English, French, German, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese language options.
The Forgotten City is based on the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim mod of the same name, which has been downloaded over two million times.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The Forgotten City is a mature narrative-driven game, and a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed mod that won a national Writers’ Guild award and racked up over three million downloads.
Trapped in a secret underground city during the Roman Empire, twenty-three lost souls cling to life. In this precarious utopia, if one person breaks the mysterious Golden Rule, everyone dies. As a time-traveller drawn two thousand years into the past, you’ll relive their final moments in an endless loop, exploring and interrogating, and changing the course of the day with each secret you uncover.
Only by cleverly exploiting the time loop and making difficult moral choices can you hope to solve this epic mystery. Here, your decisions matter. The fate of the city is in your hands.
- Explore an authentic, open-world ancient Roman city brought to life with Unreal Engine.
- Become entwined in the lives of richly detailed, deeply interactive characters.
- Grapple with moral dilemmas which have life-and-death consequences.
- Investigate a gripping, non-linear mystery with multiple endings.
- Role-play as whoever you want, by choosing your own sex, race and backstory.
- Solve problems your own way, with reason, charm, bribery, stealth, intimidation, or by cleverly exploiting the time-loop.
Watch a new trailer below.