Prime Matter, the new publishing label under Koch Media, will publish TaleWorlds Entertainment-developed action RPG Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord for consoles and PC, the company announced. Specific consoles and a release date were not announced. It will be available both physically and digitally.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The horns sound, the ravens gather. An empire is torn by civil war. Beyond its borders, new kingdoms rise. Gird on your sword, don your armor, summon your followers and ride forth to win glory on the battlefields of Calradia. Establish your hegemony and create a new world out of the ashes of the old.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is the eagerly awaited sequel to the acclaimed medieval combat simulator and role-playing game Mount & Blade: Warband. Set 200 years before, it expands both the detailed fighting system and the world of Calradia. Bombard mountain fastnesses with siege engines, establish secret criminal empires in the back alleys of cities, or charge into the thick of chaotic battles in your quest for power.
- Strategy / Action RPG – Explore, raid and conquer your way across the vast continent of Calradia, making friends and enemies along the way. Raise your own army and lead it into battle, commanding and fighting alongside your troops in the thick of the action.
- Single-Player Sandbox Campaign – Play the game the way you want to play it! Plot your own path to power in a dynamic sandbox adventure where no two playthroughs are the same.
- Extensive Character Creation and Progression Systems – Create and develop your own character to match your playstyle. Progress skills by performing actions as you gain access to a selection of perks that represent your mastery of a talent.
- Realistic Economy – See the availability of goods ebb and flow in a simulated feudal economy, where the price of everything from incense to warhorses fluctuates with supply and demand. Turn anarchy to your advantage by being the first to bring grain to a starving town after a siege or reopening a bandit-plagued caravan route.
- Multiplayer Game Modes – Put your tactical prowess and combat skills to the test against players from all over the world in a variety of different multiplayer game modes, ranging from small-scale skirmishes up to huge and epic sieges with hundreds of players.
- Skill-Based Directional Combat System – Vanquish your foes using the game’s deep and intuitive combat system that is easy to learn but difficult to master.
- Breathtaking Battles – Take to the field of battle and experience the brutality of medieval combat in first or third person perspective with hundreds of on-screen units, each with their own detailed AI.
- Extensive Modding Capabilities – Customize the game to experience an entirely different adventure of your own creation. The engine and tools used to develop Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord are being made available to the community, so that modders can re-interpret Calradia or create their own worlds!
“Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is having a very successful Early Access period and we are blown away by the interest and support of our community,” said TaleWorlds Entertainment founder Armagan Yavuz in a press release. “As we get closer to the official launch, our priority is to make Bannerlord accessible to all gamers, and retail is a big part of that. We are happy to partner with Koch Media and entrust them with this important responsibility, and have full confidence they will help us to serve our gamers in the best possible way.”
KOch Media global communications manager Niklas Kaeding added, “We are delighted to team up with TaleWorlds for this upcoming release. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a highly awaited title throughout the gaming community. The unique gameplay mix in a medieval setting has proved to be a successful formula in the past which makes it a perfect fit for the newly founded premium games label. We are looking forward to bringing this game to global retailers.”