Konami has released an open beta test for a “new soccer experience” for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The test will run until July 8.
The official website for this “New Football Game Online Performance Test” is a subdirectory of the Pro Evolution Soccer branch of Konami’s website, so it is safe to assume it is a test for the next entry in the eFootball PES franchise.
Here is an overview of the open beta test, via its official website:
Konami is proud to announce that a new soccer experience is on its way!
Having said that, we’ll be running an open beta prior to the game’s official launch, as described below.
The purpose of this beta test is to evaluate the quality of the online matchmaking and connection to the servers.
Please note that gameplay mechanics, balancing, animations, and graphics are all under development and will be improved before the official launch.
With all that out of the way, we would like to invite you to participate in this open beta, and we would greatly appreciate it if you could share with us your thoughts and feedback on your experience.
- Only a limited number of teams are available to play during this test. Each team has a squad of 22 players, chosen according to how many matches they appeared in and their total match play time.
- You do not need to subscribe to PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold to participate in online multiplayer games for this test.
- Cross-generation play between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 is available.
- Cross-gen multiplayer games between Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S are available.
- This game is currently under development, so unexpected errors, such as crashes, may occur.
- We may need to perform unscheduled maintenance during the test.
- Game data from this test cannot be carried over to the official launch version.
- You will not be able to play the beta test version of this game once the test period has ended.
Further details, including new controls, are available here.
Watch a series of control videos through the links below.