Super Animal Royale, which is currently in Early Access for PC via Steam, is coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and Stadia in 2021, publisher Modus Games and developer Pixile Studios announced. It will launch first in Game Preview for Xbox Series and Xbox One on June 1, and Xbox Game Pass subscribers will have free access to the Founder’s Edition.
When the full release launches across all platforms later in 2021, all versions will support cross-play and cross-save compatibility.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
It’s a fight for furvival! Super Animal Royale is a 64-player, frenetic, top-down 2D battle royale where murderous animals fight tooth, claw, and machine gun across an abandoned safari park. Collect and customize your favorite critters and weapons, then put them to work in solo matches or team up as a squad of up to four players!
- Survival of the Fittest – Scavenge a variety of powerful weapons, armor and items to become the apex predator in intense 64-player online matches.
- The Superest World – Explore a massive, beautifully illustrated 2D island and discover its hidden lore, by chatting with its inhabitants and scouring its rich environments for clues.
- Different Stripes for Different Fights – Collect hundreds of animal breeds and customize them with thousands of cosmetic items, weapons, outfits, and even umbrellas!
- Evolving Events and Updates – Enjoy an endless stampede of new content, including seasonal outfits, animals, and weapons to collect.
- The Fast and the Furriest – Flatten your foes while rolling dirty in a Hamster Ball, or mount a Giant Emu and peck your way to the promised land.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.