Cooperative postal puzzle game KeyWe will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on August 31, publisher Sold Out and developer Stonewheat & Sons announced.
Players who pre-order the game will receive access to the “Early Bird Pack” at no additional cost, which includes the following content:
- Experimental Postal Pack Backwear – From the minds at Belby University, the Experimental Postal Pack is a multi-purpose marvel of modern engineering! When Jeff & Debra wear this groovy gizmo, they’ll unlock new objectives to test its mysterious properties, like hunting magnetic disturbances, collecting static charges, or escaping hungry singularities, while still performing their postal duties, of course!
- Zuni the Baby Octopus Backwear – As precious as she is pink, Zuni the Baby Octopus would love nothing more than to ride along on Jeff and Debra’s back as they perform their postal duties. She promises not to get ink on any of the envelopes.
- Cassowary Cowl Facewear – The Telepost cassowary delivery team are known for their speed, stamina, and stubbornness. They are not known for their observational skills. Disguise yourself as one with this wearable mask.
- Buck’s Big Bushy Beard Facewear – Jeff and Debra’s boss is Telepost station chief Buck Hamm, a jovial postman with years of experience and a very well-groomed beard. Fortunately, he also has a good sense of humor, so he’ll probably appreciate the kiwis imitating his trademark look with this beard, moustache, hat, headset and glasses set.
Additionally, the Switch version will include the exclusive “Lavender Knight” and “Amber Knight” wardrobe accessories.
The PlayStation 5 version of KeyWe will take advantage of the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, allowing players to “feel the tightening tension of slingshots, the satisfying ‘pop’ of popping bubble wrap, and the pitter-patter of Jeff and Debra’s tiny feet as they scurry around the mailroom.”
“We’ve set our heart on making a warm, lighthearted game that friends and families can laugh at and enjoy together,” said Stonewheat & Sons animator Joel Davis in a press release. “It’s been a blast creating the colorful Telepost and its unusual staff, and we can’t wait to welcome players to the world of Bungalow Basin on August 31.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Sold Out:
The mail must flow! KeyWe is a cute, co-operative postal puzzler starring Jeff and Debra, two small kiwi birds working in a whimsical post office. With no hands to help them, they must jump, flap, peck and butt-slam their way across an interactive landscape of levers, bells and buttons to get those messages delivered on time.
Encounter perilous postal environments and navigate seasonal hazards while waddling through the Telepost’s various mail rooms, and partner up with a pal to help these adorable kiwis complete their tasks, whatever the weather. Unlock new accessories to customize your kiwi and become the best-dressed mail bird in Bungalow Basin.
- Mail Room Mayhem – Take on the role of a postal-working kiwi bird and partner up with a friend to type out telegrams, send urgent messages, ship packages and keep the mail flowing.
- Cute, Chaotic Co-op – Buddy up on the couch or flock online.
- Equally Cute Single-Player – Control both kiwi birds on a single controller to venture out on a solo mail service adventure.
- Perilous Postal Environments – Navigate post office desks and shipping rooms to become a master of the mail service.
- Seasonal Silliness – Encounter hazards caused by wintery weather, autumnal thunderstorms and more on the way to becoming postal pros.
- Customizable Kiwis – Change the color of your kiwi’s feathers and unlock new accessories – because kiwi birds look cute in little hats!
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.