D3 Publisher and developer Yuke’s have released the launch trailer for Earth Defense Force: World Brothers, which is available today for for PlayStation 4 and Switch in the west and PC via Steam worldwide for $59.99 / €59.99 / £53.99.
A Digital Deluxe Edition including the Season Pass and all downloadable content previously released in Japan is also available for $79.99 / €79.99 / £71.99. The Season Pass includes the following content:
- “Another ResCUBE” Mission Pack (due out on June 10)
- The Armageddon difficulty to unlock for players after clearing both the main campaign missions and “Another ResCUBE”
- 11 new missions, including a prologue mission to the new story arch
- A variety of new enemies ranging from a giant centipede to quadrupedal mobile fortresses
- Unique recruitable Brothers and Sisters new to the Earth Defense Force series with special gear and weapons
- Playable characters from other D3 Publisher games featuring their unique special gear and weapons
- Saki and Aya from the Oneechanbara series
- Colonists and Cosmonauts from Earth Defense Force 5
- Cosmetic packs for various characters in Earth Defense Force: World Brothers
“On behalf of D3 Publisher and creators, I am excited to bring a fresh look to the newest Earth Defense Force game for fans of the series and new players alike,” said D3 Publisher producer and Earth Defense Force series creator Nobuyuki Okajima in a press release. “With Earth Defense Force: World Brothers, our goal was to create an Earth Defense Force experience that can be enjoyed by the fans who are familiar with the Earth Defense Force series along with a new generation of players who never had a chance to save our Mother Earth—and I hope everyone enjoys the new chapter alongside their friends in the fight to bring a broken Earth back to one Peace!”
Here is an overview of the game, via D3 Publisher:
In a parallel universe where everything is in 3D voxel art, a new battlefield has taken the stage in the Earth Defense Force series. Voxel Earth is falling apart into square pieces, breaking its blocky peace, as alien invaders in large motherships have caused a catastrophic rift in their massive attack. With the world in turmoil from an alien attack by enemies from the Earth Defense Force series, the player and the Earth Defense Force must rise to the occasion and save the day to restore a shattered Voxel Earth to one peace.
Within this new universe of Earth Defense Force where everything is displayed in voxel art, an art form with 3D models constructed together from 3D cubes, players will be taking the fight to various voxel-formed landmark battlefields with inspirations from America, United Kingdom, Japan, Egypt, and more in the span of the war for survival. Players can expect access to a massive selection of memorable Earth Defense Force legendary soldier classes and weapons, ranging from the original numbered Earth Defense Force series all the way up to Earth Defense Force 5 along with the additional spin-off Earth Defense Force series of Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon and Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain. On top of recruiting and utilizing all of the iconic Earth Defense Force soldier classes and weapons in the Earth Defense Force series, players can look forward to recruiting dozens of new characters to discover all over Voxel Earth as local Earth Defense Force members known as “Brothers” and “Sisters,” like the Cowboy Brother or Maid Sister, as some of the new recruits to enlist! There are over 100 new members for players to find in Earth Defense Force: World Brothers for endless combinations of skill sets, personalities, and abilities to best tackle the mission at hand.
Though players can save the world in the campaign solo with AI teammates, they can also enlist with friends in four-player online Co-op Play on each platform; however, the game does not support cross-platform play. Players can also look forward to playing offline with two-player split-screen only on the PlayStation 4 system and four-player LAN Co-op exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system, which requires players and their friends to each have their own Nintendo Switch and copy of the game.
- Voxel World’s Earth Defense Force – Expect the world of Earth Defense Force in a whole new voxel art look with a family-friendly appeal, all filled with the same swarms of aliens and invaders for players to exterminate within the Earth Defense Force series.
- Create Your Very Own Earth Defense Force – Each mission is tackled by a 4-member team that players can mix and match between Earth Defense Force members to maximize each of their abilities to lay waste on their enemies.
- Historic Earth Defense Force Members Return – From the very first Earth Defense Force release in the numbered series all the way to the most recent Earth Defense Force launch on top of the spin-off titles including Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon and Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain, players can recruit legendary Earth Defense Force members and access the wide array of weaponry from a massive selection of the previous games to their teams in the new voxel form.
- Historic Enemies of the Earth Defense Force Series Make a Comeback, Too – Familiar Giant Land and Air Creatures alongside Alien War Machines that have invaded Earth and caused mass destruction countless times in all of the past Earth Defense Force series games are returning to invade in full, voxel form and force.
Watch the launch trailer below.