Users who already own Metro Exodus will receive the Enhanced Edition as a free upgrade.
As previously announced, here are all the upgrades coming to Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition for PC:
- Full ray traced lighting throughout—every light source is now ray traced.
- Next-gen ray tracing and denoising.
- Next-gen temporal reconstruction technology.
- Per-pixel ray traced global illumination.
- Ray traced emissive surfaces with area shadows.
- Infinite number of ray traced light bounces.
- Atmosphere and transparent surfaces receive ray traced bounded lighting.
- Full ray traced lighting model support with color bleeding and for every light source.
- Advanced ray-traced reflections. (PC Enhanced Edition-only.)
- DirectX 12 Ultimate support (including DXR 1.1 and variable rate shading)
- GPU FP16 support and thousands of optimized shaders.
- Support for DLSS 2.0. (PC Enhanced Edition-only.)
- Addition of field of view slider to main game options.
- 4K textures added to packages.
- Further bug fixing / polish pass.
Read more here.
Watch a first look analysis video below, via Digital Foundry.