The Wild at Heart will launch for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and the Humble Store on May 20 for $24.99, publisher Humble Games and developer Moonlight Kids announced. Microsoft Store pre-orders are available now.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
A mysterious hidden realm. Two precocious kids fleeing hardship. Magical creatures and an oddball order of guardians who have lost their way. A stygian evil imprisoned. Welcome to the Deep Woods.
- Amass your Horde – Collect and deploy a swarm of quirky Spritelings; small magical creatures for you to command. Break stuff, collect loot, fight enemies, build new paths, and more!
- Explore – A unique and sequestered world rich with centuries full of lore. Woods, caves, coastline, ancient shrines… The Deep Woods is full of puzzles to be solved and secrets waiting to be uncovered.
- Collect and Craft – Gather rare resources like magical crystals, scrap, electrical components and more to build new structures, items, and upgrades!
- Battle – Take on precarious wildlife and supernatural foes with the unique abilities of your Spriteling swarm and your trusty vacuum, the Gustbuster!
- Nightfall – “The dark is bad!” A common saying among the denizens of the Deep Woods, and for good reason. Malevolent beings lurk in the shadows here and you may just find yourself wanting to stay near a campfire light until sunrise.
Watch a new trailer below.