The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a 16-page special feature on Falcom‘s 40th anniversary, which includes the first information on the battle system featured in the upcoming The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki.
Additionally, the official Falcom Twitter account has posted the first screenshot of the game’s battle system on Twitter (above).
Get the tidbits below.
- R1 – Move faster.
- R3 – Change targets.
- Even if you get close to an enemy, you can avoid battle by not targeting them.
- Circle – Attack.
- Square – Deploy Shard. (Similar to Orbment?)
- X – Evade (backflip and step).
- Triangle – Tactics menu.
- Right Touchpad – Target information.
- L1 – Switch characters.
- Party members that you are not controlling will fight on their own.
Command Battle (you can switch between Action and Command at any time)
- A gauge that indicates turn order is displayed.
- Inherits characteristics of the previous Action Time Battle system.
- When your turn arrives, you can move freely within the battle area.
- Links and S-Breaks are also available.
- Each button corresponds to a command, such as Defend, Arts, and Crafts.
- Arts effect range has been reformed.
- BOOST and SCLM are new elements.
Update 9:00 p.m.: Falcom has released one additional screenshot:
Update 03/04/21 at 7:45 a.m.: Falcom has released yet another screenshot: