Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Mimimi Productions have announced Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice, a standalone expansion to the December 2016-released tactical stealth game due out in late 2021.
Here is an overview of the expansion, via its Steam page:
Aiko’s Choice is a brand-new standalone expansion to the beloved stealth tactics game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, set in Japan around the Edo period.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice focuses on one of the main game’s protagonists: the kunoichi adept Aiko. She is a master of camouflage and distracts enemies disguised as a Geisha. Although Aiko was certain that she left her old life behind her, a new enemy deeply connected to Aiko’s past reappears from the shadows to challenge her. Together with her friends of deadly assassins she sets out to hunt down the ghosts of her past…
The expansion features three fully fledged main missions, set in brand-new environments, and three shorter interlude missions.
In the style of the main game, you take control of a team of deadly specialists to sneak in the shadows between dozens of enemies. Choose your approach when infiltrating enemy bases in hidden forest camps or lively Edo period towns. Set traps, poison and distract your opponents—or avoid enemy contact completely. Carefully plan your every move and come up with your own ingenious tactics to vanquish enemies and complete each of the challenging missions that lie ahead!
Disclaimer: You don’t require a copy of Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun to play Aiko’s Choice. Even though you can enjoy this standalone expansion on its own, we recommend to play at least the first few missions of the main game in order to get a feeling of the game’s mechanics as well as the characters and story!
- Return to the beautiful world of Shadow Tactics set in Japan, early Edo period.
- Rejoin your favorite characters for one final adventure set within the story of the main game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
- Experience a previously untold tale centered around the kunoichi adept Aiko, who has to face a vicious enemy connected to her past.
- Explore three fully fledged main missions, located in brand-new environments, and three shorter interlude missions.
The expansion includes all the features of the main game:
- Play a team of completely different characters with their unique skill sets.
- Synchronize your team’s actions to strike down your enemies at once with the “Shadow Mode” feature.
- Choose between non-lethal or deadly stealth attacks.
- Find dozens of ways to take out or sneak past your opponents the way you want.
- Choose from three difficulty levels to match your skill.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam.
Watch the announcement trailer below.