Sega will release the third and final free update for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on March 4, which adds four new playable characters, cross-generation multiplayer support on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, four new background tracks, a Spectator Mode, and the “Super Spicy” difficulty level, the company announced.
In total, the update includes:
- Four New Characters
- Harpy (voiced by Risa Taneda)
- Ragnus (voiced by Akira Miki)
- Legamunt (voiced by Yuuki Ishikari)
- Rozatte (voiced by Shuusaku Shirakawa)
- Cross-Generation Multiplayer – PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 users can now play together online. Various leaderboards are now also shared between PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
- Four New Songs
- “Koisuru Saikyou Kakutou Joou” from Puyo Puyo!!‘s Rulue battle
- “Puyo! Boss Manzai (Demo from Puyopuyo)” from Puyo Puyo!!‘s boss skit
- “Lets! Saishuu Puyo Shoubu!” from Puyo Puyo 7‘s last boss battle
- “Escape from the City – Cash Cash RMX” from Sonic Generations
- Spectator Mode – A “Spectator Mode” has been added to watch online “VS” and “Skill Battle” matches.
- Super Spicy Difficulty – “Super Spicy” bosses are even more difficult than the already difficulty “Spicy” bosses, but defeating them has a high chance of earning you a high level item card.
Watch a new trailer below.