Publisher Square Enix and developers Dontnod Entertainment and Deck Nine Games have announced Life is Strange Remastered Collection for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia. It includes Life is Strange Remastered and Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered, and will launch as part of the Life is Strange: True Colors Ultimate Edition on September 10 and as a standalone version this fall.
Here is an overview of the collection, via Square Enix:
Life is Strange Remastered (Steam page)
Experience the BAFTA award-winning story of Life is Strange now beautifully remastered with enhanced visuals and vastly improved animation using mocap technology.
Play as Max Caulfield, a photography senior who discovers she can rewind time while saving her best friend Chloe Price from a violent altercation.
The pair soon find themselves investigating the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber, uncovering a dark side to life in Arcadia Bay. Meanwhile, Max must quickly learn that changing the past can sometimes lead to a devastating future.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered (Steam page)
Life is Strange: Before the Storm returns with remastered visuals across characters & environments.
Set three years before Life is Strange, you play as sixteen-year old Chloe Price who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success.
When Rachel learns a secret about her family that threatens to destroy her world, it is her newfound friendship with Chloe that gives her the strength to carry on.
No longer alone the girls must confront each other’s demons and together, find a way to overcome them.
- Remastered visuals across characters and environments.
- Vastly improved character animation using full facial mocap performance.
- Updated and refined gameplay puzzles.
- Engine and lighting upgrades.
- Includes previously released Deluxe Content: Chloe Outfits and “Farewell” Bonus Episode.
- Choice and consequence driven stories with multiple endings.
- Harness the power of Max’s rewind ability or Chloe’s quick-witted attitude to change the course of events.
- Distinct licensed soundtrack and original scores.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots of at the gallery.