The PlayStation 5 version will not feature a free upgrade from the PlayStation 4 version. In a statement, Frogwares said, “The Sinking City on PlayStation 4 and on PlayStation 5 have different publishers on record. On PlayStation 5, Frogwares is the developer and publisher of the game. As the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 games have different game IDs and due to an ongoing current legal and technical situation, this game is currently not eligible for a platform upgrade.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Frogwares:
The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You’re a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.
- An oppressive atmosphere and story inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft.
- A vast open world that can be explored on foot, by boat, in a diving suit…
- High replay value thanks to an open investigation system: each case can be solved in a number of ways, with different possible endings depending on your actions.
- An arsenal of weapons from the 1920s with which to take on nightmarish creatures.
- Manage your mental health to untangle the truth behind the madness.
The Sinking City on PlayStation 5 offers the following improvements:
- Native 3840×2160 resolution (4K).
- 60 frames per second.
- Improved graphical fidelity.
- Significantly faster loading times.
- DualSense features support.
- The Sinking City game
- “The Worshipers of the Necronomicon” – Three new quests in which Charles Reed investigates unsolved cases and sets out in search of mysterious spell books that harbor unspeakable powers.
- “Merciful Madness” – Three new quests that explore Lovecraft’s iconic stories and bring to light the mysteries of Oakmont and its demented citizens.
- “Investigator Pack” – Upgrade your gaming experience with an exclusive private investigator outfit and access to a first aid kit, antipsychotics and a crafting materials starter pack.
- “Chicago Organ Grinder” – This downloadable content grants early access to the most powerful weapon in the game, the Tommy gun, and comes with a golden skin of the weapon.
- “Experience Boost” – This downloadable content includes a skill point that can be used from the start of the game. Use it wisely to upgrade your combat skills, vigor or mind.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.