The recently announced mobile version of Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim is officially titled Ys VI Online: The Ark of Napishtim and will launch this spring in Japan as a free-to-play title with in-app purchases, publisher Restar Games announced.
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim first launched for PC in September 2003 in Japan, followed by PlayStation 2 in February 2005 and PSP in January 2006. The PC version was released worldwide via Steam in April 2015. Taito also released a mobile version in March 2005 in Japan.
Ys VI Online: The Ark of Napishtim is an “online RPG” and the first smartphone version of the game. Pre-registration is available now at the teaser website. Players will receive the following in-game bonuses based on the number of users who pre-register:
- 50,000 pre-registrations – 50,000 silver coins
- 100,000 pre-registrations – Gaia Stones (x6)
- 200,000 pre-registrations – Chaos Stones (x3)
- 300,000 pre-registrations – Lydia Soul Card (x1)
- 500,000 pre-registrations – Star Dust (x1,500)
- 700,000 pre-registrations – Cookie (x2)
- One million pre-registrations – Alma’s Tears (x1)
Here are the key visual and logo: