Scavengers Studio announced third-person atmospheric adventure bicycle road trip game Season for PlayStation 5 and PC (Steam) at The Game Awards 2020. A release date was not announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let yourself be carried away by the great journey of Season, a third-person atmospheric adventure bicycle road trip game. Through the eyes of a young woman leaving a secluded community, you explore the wider world for the first time. Collect artifacts and memories before a mysterious cataclysm washes everything away…
Document, photograph, draw, and record life. Through a solitary bicycle journey, form your own memories, your own vision of the world around you. Your goal? Protect these treasures from being forgotten. Your quest will lead you to discover a new world; unknown, yet familiar. You will be immersed in different societies that will make you discover the mysteries of the world of Season; a surreal version of the mid-twentieth century, where thousands of years have passed without any progress. Find out what caused the last collapse and what might cause the next one…
- Meet a diverse cast of characters on your way, who will change the course of your story.
- Explore a beautiful and poetic fantasy world.
- Collect artifacts, make recordings, and discover the secrets of the world of Season.
- Wind your way through stunning landscapes on your bicycle.
- Experience a touching story as you witness the last breath of different cultures.