Sega has released the opening movie for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
Unlike the opening movies of Phantasy Star Online 2, which were created using pre-ordered videos, the opening movie of Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis was create using parts of the in-game graphics engine.
The opening movie showcases the new characters’ battles, high-quality character models, and the main theme vocals, which are in English.
Sega also debuted the latest information during a the “Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Prologue 1″ live stream.
Get the details below.
The World of Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
The story is set on the planet of Halpha, where ARKS are fighting an endless battle against the unknown DOLLS
The members of ARKS are made up of skilled people from Halpha, and from the Meteorn, who are arriving frequently via pods from outer space.
Action: The Six Classes
- Hunter (Sword)
- Ranger (Assault Rifle)
- Force (Rod)
- Fighter (Knuckles)
- Gunner (Twin Machine Gun)
- Techter (Wand)
Action: Sub-Class and Multi-Weapons
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis allows you to equip your sub-class weapons.
- Combine two types of weapons with the multi-weapon function and attack with multiple weapons using only one palette. For example: Sword + Assault Rifle, or Rod + Knuckles.
Action: Basic Actions and Mag
- On the open field, you can use the “Photon Dash” to dash, “Photon Glide” to boost in mid-air, the “Wall Kick” to climb high terrain, and the “Swimming Action” to move in water.
- The Mag reacts when close to new facilities in the open field, and becomes a portable terminal in the story. The Mag will be your helpful partner during your adventure.
Ryuker Device and Cocoon
- The Ryuker Device allows you to teleport to faraway locations, and lets you access your storage.
- The Cocoon allows you to enjoy the multiplayer online battles and quests the series is known for.
E-Trials, Urgent Quests, PSE System, and Region Mags
- E-Trials and Urgent Quests return.
- Feeding an item to the Region Mag will give its boost effect to all users on the ship (server).
Central City and Tasks
- The ARKS base of operations is called “Central City.”
- There is a day / night cycle with weather conditions that change over time.
- The different NPCs living in the city have requests called “Tasks.” Completing these Tasks is one of the duties of ARKS.
Food Stand and Item Lab
- At the Food Stand, you can create food with various effects out of gathered materials like tree fruits and meat from the wild animals called “TAMES.”
- At the Item Lab, you can enhance items, affix augments, and develop multi-weapons.
- You can communicate with other players through balloon chat, symbol art, stamps, and emote, including added motions with long-awaited finger movements.
New Graphics Engine for Phantasy Star Online 2
- You can select to play either Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis or Phantasy Star Online 2 from the login screen.
- After login, you can freely switch between Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis or Phantasy Star Online 2 via block movement.
- The graphics engine of Phantasy Star Online 2 will be renewed to match Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is due out in 2021 for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC in North America, and for PlayStation 4, PC, and the cloud (Switch and PC) in Japan. Read more about the game here and here.
Watch the footage below.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Prologue 1 Archive
- 22:30 to 23:50 – Part 1: The World
- 26:28 to 32:57 – Part 2: Combat Action
- 36:52 to 43:00 – Part 3: Open Field
- 45:45 to 49:05 – Part 4: ARKS Base: Central City
- 52:52 to 54:57 – Part 5: Communication / Original Phantasy Star Online 2
- 1:00:58 to 1:35:54 – Character Creation
- 24:03 to 25:24 – Part 1: The World
- 28:02 to 34:30 – Part 2: Combat Action
- 38:28 to 44:35 – Part 3: Open Field
- 47:16 to 50:38 – Part 4: ARKS Base: Central City
- 54:29 to 56:30 – Part 5: Communication / Original Phantasy Star Online 2
- 1:02:32 to 1:37:27 – Character Creation
Thanks, Games Talk.