“It’s currently in development, but since I imagine people would like to know its progress, I’d like to share its status from time to time,” Takeyasu said of the Steam release. “Also, since the hardware has changed from Xbox and PS3 to PC, we’re making things like a launcher that doubles as an options for switching between English and Japanese voice-overs and text.”
Here is an overview of the game, via former publisher Ignition Entertainment:
Long ago, when the seed of mankind was first taking root, God laid down his plans for the human race. He appointed the Grigori, the most human of all angels in heaven, to watch over them from the celestial realm. The Grigori, known to some as the “The Watchers,” dutifully continued their vigilance through the ages. Over time, they became fascinated by the lives humans led, with the uninhibited freedom and passions. Subtle at first, the fascination soon led to feeling of longing, desire and lust. Until one fateful day, the Grigori turned away from God and descended to Earth.
When Heaven’s highest order, the Council of Elders, discovered the Grigori’s betrayal, they were furious. Their anger only grew stronger when they learned that the Fallen Angels had taken in daughters of men, deviating mankind from God’s great plan. To set matters right, the Council decided to send a terrible flood to wipe out the entire human race. However, there was one man who objected to the Council’s decision. His name was Enoch, a scribe whose righteousness moved God to bring him to Heaven while still living mortal.
The Council heard Enoch’s pleas and agreed to spare mankind on the condition that Enoch capture the fallen angels and bring them back to Heaven to be imprisoned. To prevent the impending flood, Enoch returned to Earth on a mission to escort the Fallen Angels back to Heaven. Upon his arrival he confronted Azazel, one of the seven who fell. However, Azazel refused to return to Heaven and went into hiding along with the others, warning Enoch not to follow. And so, Enoch’s long journey begins…
- Expect the unexpected. El Shaddai defies gaming convention by mixing a wide variety of game play styles including 2D side-scrolling action and 3D exploration.
- Lose yourself in the compelling storyline based on the ancient apocryphal tome, The Book of Enoch, but told with a modern flare and uniquely artistic approach.
- Innovative “Zero HUD Player Feedback System” utilizes dynamic environment, character, and audio clues to keep the player engaged without cluttering the screen with extraneous indicators and information.
- The three-button control system is simple to use yet surprisingly deep, delivering exhilarating, flowing action that allows both casual and hardcore players to enjoy the game at their own pace.
- Fluid environments with constantly dynamic elements create a flowing living world filled with a wide variety of unusual landscapes unlike anything previously seen in gaming. This is enhanced by high production value cinematic cut scenes to an inspirational full orchestral music score.
- All weapons are forged from crystalline heavenly knowledge beyond the grasp of humanity and possess supernatural powers. Among them is the Arch, a holy blade with the hidden power to slice through anything.