Double Dragon Neon is coming to Switch via the Nintendo eShop on December 21, publisher Majesco Entertainment and developer WayForward announced.
The side-scrolling beat ’em up first launched for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in September 2012, followed by PC via Steam in February 2014.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Legendary martial artists, Billy and Jimmy Lee return in this creative re-imagining of the classic beat ‘em up, Double Dragon Neon. Fight your way through countless henchmen including Linda and Abobo on your way to rescue the love of your life, Marian! Trained in the special form of martial arts called Sōsetsuken, hunt down and defeat the evil Skullmageddon!
Classic beat ‘em up feel with new powers, new attacks, and a sinister new foe!
- Mix tape system lets you mix and match unique abilities and powerful new attacks.
- String together attacks for brutal combos to keep your foes down and out.
- Brawl through a variety of levels including dangerous city streets, twisted science labs, an evil stronghold, outer space and more!
- Use a variety of weapons including bats, knives, whips, and more to incapacitate unsuspecting enemies.
- Original soundtrack by award winning composer and sound designer Jake Kaufman.
- Developed by WayForward, the award winning team responsible for DuckTales: Remastered, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and A Boy and His Blob.
Watch the Switch announcement trailer below.