Bandai Namco has announced The Idolmaster: Poplinks, an “original unit training and concert puzzle game” for iOS and Android. It will launch in 2021 in Japan as a free-to-play title with in-app purchases. An Android-only open beta test will be held in 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
In The Idolmaster: Poplinks, a mega-concert called “Poplinks Festival” will be held, in which the idols go beyond the boundaries of their respective agencies to form three-idol units. The producer, aiming to be at this top of this concert, heads up an original unit.
- Go beyond the boundaries of each agency to form a three-idol unit of your favorite idols.
- Aim the for the high score in this casual game that can be played in short bursts of time.
- Get a look at how the idols of each unit get along with each other.
- Thoroughly train your unit in an endless training panel.
- Unit Formation – Find similarities and follow your instincts to form your three-idol unit. The idols will be scouted directly with an “offer.”
- A 60-Second Idolmaster Experience – A game you can play in short bursts of time. With simple rules (trace and connect), you can easily get it on the fun. During Fever Time “hakoyure,” the Idolmaster song you selected will play.
- Simple, Yet Strategic – Set and swap skills for each idol. Even units with the same members will evolve differently depending on the producer.
- Idol Growth – Increase your idols’ popularity through unit activities, and thoroughly train your unit via the “Coaching” endless training panel.
- Show Off Your Unit – Customize an original CD cover (profile image) for your unit using a wealth of materials including idol illustrations, frames, and stickers.
- Non-Stop Idols – 70 idols are available at launch. New idols will be added monthly.
Watch the announcement trailer and presentation event below.