Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer NetherRealm Studios have announced Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, and Stadia, as well as the downloadable content “Kombat Pack 2” featuring new playable characters Mileena, Rain, and Rambo.
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate will launch on November 17. In the Americas, the PlayStation 4 version will only be available digitally at launch, but a physical release will follow in January 2021. The Switch version will be digital-only in the Americas.
Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate owners and new buyers on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be able to access free upgrades to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions of the game, which feature visual enhancements, 4K dynamic resolution, significantly reduced load times, and cross-play and cross-generation multiplayer.
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate includes the following content and enhancements:
- Definitive Mortal Kombat 11 Experience – Two critically acclaimed story campaigns taking players on a time-bending adventure that continues the epic Mortal Kombat saga, along with the full roster of 37 playable characters.
- Kombat Pack 2 – Newly added fighters Mileena, the hybrid Edenian and Tarkatan clone of Kitana; Rain, the royal Edenian demigod; and Rambo, the iconic Special Forces soldier featuring the voice and likeness of actor Sylvester Stallone.
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Expansion – Franchise-first story expansion, three playable characters (Fujin, Sheeva, RoboCop) and 10 additional character skins.
- Kombat Pack 1 – Six playable characters (Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, The Joker, Terminator T-800, Spawn) and 25 additional character skins.
- Mortal Kombat 11 – Packed to the brim with multiple features and modes for all players including Story, Custom Character Variation System, Stage Fatalities, Friendships, Online, Towers of Time, Tutorial, Krypt, Kombat League and the signature roster of returning and franchise-first fighters, all equipped with unique Fatalities that display devastatingly brutal cinematic visuals.
- PlayStation 5 Upgrade Available – Delivering 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes. Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate owners and new buyers on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro can also access a free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version of their game, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch.
- Xbox Series X | S Smart Delivery Enabled – Providing 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes. Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate owners and new buyers on Xbox One consoles can also access a free upgrade to the Xbox Series X | S version of their game, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch.
- Krossplay Support – Allowing PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox Series X | S, and Xbox One players to fight against other players on opposite platforms in select modes.
Pre-orders for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate will begin on October 15 for $59.99 and provide immediate access to Mortal Kombat 11, “Kombat Pack 1,” and the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expansion upon purchase.
Users who already own Mortal Kombat 11 will be able to upgrade by pre-ordering “Kombat Pack 2” beginning October 15 for $14.99. Current owners can purchase “Kombat Pack 1” for $19.99 or the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expansion for $39.99.
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and “Kombat Pack 2” pre-orders will include the “Time Warriors Skin Pack,” which features three new character skin variants including “Dark Web” Noob Saibot, “HCF” (Halt and Catch Fire) Liu Kang and “Blood Moon” Skarlet.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.