The remake of survival horror RPG Mad Father will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam on November 5 for $9.99 / 980 yen, publisher Playism and developer Sen announced. Users who already own the original Mad Father on Steam will receive the remake as a free update. It will support English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese language options.
These are the key changes introduced in the remake:
Newly Added Elements
- Updated graphics (characters, maps, some skills, etc.)
- Widened game screen
- New events
- Newly added / revamped systems
- Newly added second playthrough “Blood Mode” (greatly changes the main scenario)
- New maps
- Gamepad compatibility
- Noise filter feature (can be turned off in Settings)
- “Doll Maker” added to Museum
- New menu screens (Missions, Help, Options)
- Newly added controller button allocation feature
- Newly added voices (new variations incl. father’s laugh, etc.)
Newly Added Episodes
- Memories of the origins of the relationship between the Blonde-Haired Youth & the Drevis family.
- In Blood Mode: Revelations of Aya’s mother and Drevis family secrets.
- In Blood Mode: Play as a new main character and trace the history of the cursed Drevis clan.
If you missed it, watch the trailer from September below.