The Uncertain: Light at the End will launch for PC via Steam and GOG on October 8 for $14.99 / £11.39 / €12.49 with a 15 percent-off launch discount, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch in 2021, META Publishing and developer New Game Order announced. Users who own The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day will receive an additional 15 percent-off. A demo is available now via Steam.
Here is an overview of the game, via META Publishing:
The Uncertain: Light at the End is a story-driven third-person science-fiction adventure set in a post-apocalyptic world where humanity has been replaced by machines. A young girl named Emily must survive as a lone outcast and unravel the mystery behind humanity’s disappearance, travelling through the abandoned world while pursued by the same machines which once served humankind.
Created by independent developer New Game Order (formerly ComonGames), The Uncertain: Light at the End presents an all-new adventure set in the universe established by 2016’s The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day, which has achieved more than 1,000 reviews and a Very Positive rating from the Steam community.
- Welcome to a Lonely Earth – Jump into an all-new and original story, in a world inexplicably abandoned by humans and dominated by robots.
- Discover Deep Lore and Embedded Storytelling – Learn about the past and present of a machine-dominated Earth world through exploration and interaction.
- Explore an Abandoned World – Guide Emily through an empty and lonely city, filled with intricate details and hints at life before the disaster.
- Solve Entirely Unique Puzzles – Every puzzle in The Uncertain: Light at the End is a unique challenge with unique mechanics.
- Lose Yourself in Emily’s World – Immersive audio and a rich cinematic score bring The Uncertain’s lonely world to life.
Watch a new trailer below.