NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 22, 2021 in Japan and Asia, and for PlayStation 4 Xbox One in North America and Europe, and PC via Steam worldwide on April 23, publisher Square Enix and developer Toylogic announced.
In addition to the standard edition, Square Enix will also release a $159.99 / 19,800 yen “White Snow Edition,” which includes the following:
- A copy of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…
- Grimoire Pin Set – Grimoire Weiss, Grimoire Noir, and Grimoire Rubrum pins which come presented in a specialized display case.
- Script Set – A set of seven books encompassing the spoken script of the game. Packaged in a special hard case, featuring covers art by character designer, Akihiko Yoshida.
- Special Soundtrack – A two-disc collection featuring newly-edited and arranged music for NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, presented in a premium Grimoire Weiss-inspired package.
- SteelBook Case – A metal case featuring stunning artwork by illustrator Kazuma Koda.
- Lunar Tear Collector’s Box
Digital pre-orders will include a mini soundtrack on all platforms, plus a dynamic theme and avatar set on PlayStation 4, and wallpaper set on PC.
The Japanese box art is illustrated by Akihiro Yoshida, while the North American and European box art is illustrated by Koda Kazuma. The western box art features the Japanese box art as a reversible cover.
Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is an updated version of NieR Replicant, previously only released in Japan.
Discover the one-of-a-kind prequel of the critically-acclaimed masterpiece NieR: Automata. Now with a modern upgrade, experience masterfully revived visuals, a fascinating storyline and more!
The protagonist is a kind young man living in a remote village. In order to save his sister Yonah, who fell terminally ill to the Black Scrawl, he sets out with Grimoire Weiss, a strange talking tome, to search for the “Sealed verses.”
Experience the NieR Replicant story for the first time in the west through the eyes of the protagonist as a brother.
The original all-star team returns including acclaimed director, Yoko Taro (Drakengard / NieR: Automata), composer Keiichi Okabe (Tekken / Drakengard / NieR: Automata), and producer Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X / NieR: Automata).
In a distant, distant future, humanity is on the brink of extinction.
A black scrawl disease and strange beasts threaten the world.
A young kindhearted boy makes a promise to his little sister.
A thousand-year lie that would live on for eternity…
- Uncover the truth behind the world of NieR and prepare to question everything in this dark, twisting tale.
- Journey alongside an unlikely group of allies through a ruined world, plagued by sickness and monstrous horrors.
- A mesmerizing iconic soundtrack, newly recorded by NieR: Automata composer, Keiichi Okabe.
- Fight back dreadful enemies with a visceral, uniquely customizable blend of swordplay and powerful magic.
- Customize your character’s magic, skills, and weapons with the power of Words.
Watch a new trailer, first gameplay footage, and a developer message below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.