Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Insomniac Games have released the first gameplay footage, information, and screenshots for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered, which is included with Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition.
According to Insomniac Games community manager James Stevenson on the PlayStation Blog, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered is a “full next-gen remastering” with “new assets, technology, and updates,” as well as additional features and three new suits.
Here are the details:
The team has done the painstaking work of updating the city’s environment to take advantage of the new console. Beyond improved models and materials, one of the biggest things we have brought to the game is ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows. We now have true reflections on the windows of buildings, and it looks stunning with our new skies and weather.
But it’s not just the environments; our characters have also gotten a huge upgrade. From higher fidelity skin, eye, and teeth shaders to individually-rendered strands of hair, the new tech and detail brings our characters and their performances to new life.
Peter Parker’s New Face Model
This does bring us to one of the bigger changes. In order to bring the best performances to players with our next-generation Marvel’s Spider-Man games, we have recast the face of Peter Parker. We loved working with John Bubniak on the original game; however, to get a better match to Peter Parker/Spider-Man actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture, we have cast Ben Jordan to be the face model for Peter Parker on the PlayStation 5 console. He looks incredible in-game, and Yuri’s moving performances take on a new life.
Additionally, thanks to the power of the PlayStation 5 console, we’re now able to offer a high frame rate through Performance Mode, which targets a 60 frames per second frame rate! This allows you to experience the beginning of the Marvel’s Spider-Man storyline like never before. It feels amazing to play.
Other PlayStation 5 Features
That’s not all! We take full-advantage of other next-generation PlayStation features like near-instant loading (don’t worry, you can turn back on those humorous fast-travel animations if you miss them), Spatial 3D Audio on compatible headphones, and the revolutionary DualSense controller’s haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. We’ve also brought new photo mode features to the game that we developed for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales: you can now place lights in the environment and change your Spider-Suit after you’ve lined up your shot!
First of Three New Suits
That’s right, The Amazing Suit has arrived as one of three new suits in the game. It’s the perfect suit to wear as you attempt to earn the Platinum trophy in Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered.
And here is an overview of the game, via PlayStation.com:
Remastered and enhanced for PlayStation 5 console—experience the complete award-winning adventure with updated visuals and immersive new features.*
This isn’t the Spider-Man you’ve met or ever seen before. In Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered, we meet an experienced Peter Parker who’s more masterful at fighting big crime in New York City. At the same time, he’s struggling to balance his chaotic personal life and career while the fate of Marvel’s New York rests upon his shoulders.
Discover the complete web-slinging story with the Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. This unmissable bundle includes a voucher code** for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered—the complete award-winning game, including all three downloadable content chapters in the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps adventure—remastered and enhanced for the PlayStation 5 console.
*Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered for the PlayStation 5 console is only available as part of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition.
**Account for PlayStation Network, and internet connection required for code redemption. Code expires January 1, 2024.
- Be Greater – When a new villain threatens Marvel’s New York, Peter Parker and Spider-Man’s worlds collide. To save the city and those he loves, he must rise up and be greater.
- Feel Like Spider-Man – After eight years behind the mask, Peter Parker is a crime-fighting master. Feel the full power of a more experienced Spider-Man with improvisational combat, dynamic acrobatics, fluid urban traversal and environmental interactions. A rookie no longer, this is the most skillful Spider-Man you’ve ever played.
- Worlds Collide – The worlds of Peter Parker and Spider-Man collide in an original action-packed story. In this new Spider-Man universe, iconic characters from Peter and Spider-Man’s lives have been reimagined, placing familiar characters in unique roles.
- Marvel’s New York is Your Playground – The Big Apple comes to life as Insomniac’s most expansive and interactive world yet. Swing through vibrant neighborhoods and catch breathtaking views of iconic Marvel and Manhattan landmarks. Use the environment to defeat villains with epic takedowns in true blockbuster action.
- Enjoy The City That Never Sleeps Complete Content – Get access to three story chapters that include a complete and expansive new storyline, additional challenges, new allies and enemies from the Spider-Man universe plus additional suits to unlock.
PlayStation 5 Features
- Stunning Visuals – Be greater than ever before with Marvel’s Spider-Man‘s visuals remastered for the power of the PlayStation 5 console. Experience the critically acclaimed hit with updated graphical assets and in stunning dynamic 4K/HDR. And experience swinging through New York and combat as an experienced Spider-Man with an optional performance mode that takes advantage of Insomniac’s temporal injection for dynamic 4K / 60 frames per second.
- Fast Loading – Fast loading with the PlayStation 5 console’s ultra-high-speed SSD gets you back into Marvel’s New York quicker than ever before. Get into blockbuster moments immediately, and fast travel across the city quicker than you can say “Peter Parker.”
- Adaptive Triggers – Feel Spider-Man’s webs in your hands with the DualSense controller’s adaptive triggers.
- Haptic Feedback – Feel all of Spider-Man’s gadgets and arsenal with haptic feedback that brings incredible immersion, letting you experience the game in a whole new way.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech – From the traffic of Marvel’s New York below to pigeons soaring above, hear Marvel’s Spider-Man with 3D spatial audio. Notice sounds you didn’t catch the first time around, and pinpoint exactly where they’re coming from thanks to the PlayStation 5 console’s powerful Tempest 3D AudioTech.
As previously announced, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered is included with Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for PlayStation 5 for $69.99 / €79.99. Users who purchase the standard edition of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be able to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition via the in-game menu to download Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered.
Additionally, in the United States nd Canada only, Sony Interactive Entertainment will release “launch” physical editions of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales for both the standard and Ultimate Edition, which include a voucher for early unlocks of the “T.R.A.C.K. Suit” by Marvel artist Javiar Garron and another suit that will be announced closer to launch, plus the Gravity Well Gadget and three Skill Points. Those same early unlocks can be obtained by pre-ordering the game digitally.
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered are due out for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on November 12 in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea, and November 19 in the rest of the world.
Watch the footage below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.
Peter Parker’s New Face Model
60 Frames Per Second Performance Mode