EA Sports UFC 4 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Academy Y – Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu for Switch are the highlights of this week’s Japanese video game releases.
The latest entry in Electronic Arts’ series of UFC games, EA Sports UFC 4 features a new “Career Mode” with new environments, fast-paced online “Blitz Battles” and “Online World Championships,” “Real Player Motion Technology” clinch control, an overhaul to the takedowns system, and more.
Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Academy Y – Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu is an isometric action RPG. In it, players become a student at “Y Academy” and solve its various mysteries alongside friends while enjoying a fun and comedic school life. A demo is currently available via the Nintendo eShop. A PlayStation 4 version is also planned for release at a later date. Read more about the game here, here, and here.
Get the full list of this week’s Japanese game releases below. It should be noted that Gematsu will receive a small percentage of money from purchases made through Play-Asia links. You can also save five percent using our “GEMATSU” coupon code.
Physical and Digital
- Ancestors Legacy (Switch) – Already available digitally worldwide.
- EA Sports UFC 4 (PS4) – Launching worldwide.
- Arcade Archives: Super Punch-Out!! (Switch)
- EA Sports UFC 4 (Xbox One) – Launching worldwide.
- Hyper Scape (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – Launching worldwide.
- Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Academy Y – Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu (Switch)
The PlayStation 4 or Switch titles listed above can be purchased through Japanese PlayStation Network and Nintendo accounts using prepaid cards: