Atlus has released a new set of screenshots for Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series, Fiend Fusion, the Labyrinth of Amala, and more.
Here are some details, via the PlayStation 2 version’s manual and official website, and partly newly translated information:
- Dante (voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa) – The famous demon hunter from Capcom’s Devil May Cry series. He is asked by someone to hunt down a number of demons, including the main character. Such being the case, Dante will encounter the main character several times in the game as a formidable enemy. It is possible for him to join forces with the main character and become a powerful ally toward the end of the game. (Editor’s Note: Dante is only available via the downloadable content “Maniax Pack” due out day and date with the game.)
- Mysterious Old Man (voiced by Shinichirou Miki) – A mysterious individual in a wheelchair who appears before the main character throughout the story. His purpose and true identity are unknown.
- Lady in Black (voiced by Suzuko Mimori)
- [Kishin] Thor
- [Fairy] Pixie
- [Tyrant] Beelzebub
- [Genma] Cu Chulainn
- [Fallen] Decarabia
- [Wilder] Mothman
- Pale Rider
- Mother Harlot
- Fiend Fusion – A special fusion with different rules from regular demon fusion. By using an item called a “Deathstone,” you can create Fiends that possess great power. However, in order to create a Fiend through fusion, you must first defeat said Fiend in battle. Various other conditions also exist, but since Fiends are strong allies, be sure to try to fuse them.
- Labyrinth of Amala – In Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, there exists a world called the “Labyrinth of Amala.” Here, you will meet an old man in a wheelchair and a lady dressed in black, and you will learn the truth about the Vortex World. Once you have obtained a “candelabrum,” you will be able to go into the Labyrinth of Amala at will through terminals.
- Candelabra – As the story progresses, you will obtain a candelabrum. Candelabra are the key to opening the doors leading deeper into the Labyrinth of Amala. They also act as radar when other Fiends are nearby. In the Vortex World, there are several Fiends inearch of candelabra. By defeating them and taking their candelabra, you will be able to travel deeper into the Labyrinth of Amala.
- Kalpa – The Labyrinth of Amala consists of floors called “Kalpa.” The Labyrinth is filled with powerful enemies, so proceed with caution. Also, take note that you cannot negotiate with demons that lurk in the depths of this dungeon. Each Kalpa has a broker that sells demons, and is home to the graves of those that the main character has defeated.
- Fiends – Once the main character obtains a candelabrum, various Fiends will come in search of it. If there is a Fiend nearby, your candelabrum will alert you. So if you are not confident you can win, you have the option to avoid battle. Keep in mind that there are Fiends you cannot avoid, and others that you must seek out.
- Warp Zone – There are holes connecting each Kalpa to each other. When you jump into one, you will be taken to a “Warp Zone.” There, you can collect money and items. But beware of obstacles, as crashing into them can result in injury. Dodge or destroy them by punching them. Rare items can also be found in Warp Zones.
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on October 29 in Japan, and in spring 2021 worldwide.
View the screenshots at the gallery.