Lost Wing will launch for PlayStation 4 on July 28, Xbox One on July 29, and Switch and PC via Steam on July 31 for €7.99, publisher 2Awesome Studio and developer BoxFrog Games announced. A two-week pre-order will be available for the Xbox One and Switch versions with a 10 percent-off discount. The game is currently available in Early Access for PC via Steam.
Originally planned for release in 2019, development on Lost Wing was extended following feedback from the community on the closed beta to add more tracks, modes, and ships.
“With Lost Wing we wanted to mix the speed of the wipEout series with shooting gameplay inspired on Tempest and the tension-aggression feeling of games like Thumper,” said BoxFrog Games director Tim Ash in a press release. “In the end Lost Wing is better than the sum of it parts, a shot of pure unadulterated adrenaline.”
Here is an overview of the game, via 2Awesome Studio:
Pilot a super fast ship through brutal environments, and try to top the leaderboards! Featuring numerous challenges, ships, enemies and traps. Lost Wing combines shooting and flying at super high speed. Race through a huge variety of tracks, dodging and shooting everything in your way, if you reach the end goal, destroy the boss for a massive points bonus. Storm your way through three unique worlds, beat each stage, and destroy the bosses! Featuring an original electronic soundtrack, multiple play modes, stages, ships and weapons. Lost Wing is a perfect challenge for the most demanding players.
- Three worlds, four types of tracks, several difficulty modes and infinite hours of gameplay.
- Feel the adrenaline rush at intense speeds and slow-down time when it’s getting a little too close for comfort.
- High-definition neon science-fiction atmosphere.
- Unlock multiple ships and upgrade them with power ups.
- Show your might and destroy the megabosses.
- Compete against other players on the online leaderboards.
- Focus on the acceleration infused original electronic soundtrack.
Watch a new trailer below.