Ginga Force first launched for Xbox 360 in February 2013 in Japan. The PlayStation 4 version features the following new elements:
- Full high-definition graphics at a higher level of detail.
- PlayStation 4 Pro support. Play the game in native 4K resolution.
- You can now freely select Chapters 2 to 5.
Western publisher Rising Star Games has already announced plans to release Ginga Force, as well as related game Natsuki Chronicles, for both PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam in the west sometime in 2020.
Here is an overview of Ginga Force, via its Steam page:
Fight over the Earth-like planet of Seventia and its scarce resources of Septonium. A vertical shoot ’em up at its core with an added focus towards immersive storytelling. Follow the story of Alex and Margaret, two exceptional pilots, for the first time on Steam.
- Various exciting bosses over a dramatic 10-stage Story Mode.
- Alternative Score Attack Mode with Online Leaderboards.
- Pilot three exciting ship types, each with unique firepower.
- Weapon customization system combining main, sub, and special weapons into thousands of possible combinations.
- Unique lineup of enemy characters each with powerful Mechas to battle against.