Type-Moon Studio BB director Kazuya Niinou shared nine minutes of gameplay, an “Another Version” of the first trailer, and additional information on the newly announced Fate/EXTRA remake Fate/EXTRA Record during the “Fate/EXTRA Series 10th Anniversary Live Stream.”
Here are the new details:
- In Fate/EXTRA Record, the protagonist Hakuno Kishinami speaks. There are both male and female voice options, as well as the option to turn off voices.
- For those asking for a Steam version, while Niinou could not say what platforms it will release on, he wants to reach a wide audience. You can expect good things.
- Niinou also wants to remake Fate/EXTRA CCC. But nothing has been decided. It is quite the lewd game, so he wonders what the best way to go about releasing it nowadays would be.
- Fate/EXTELLA Link‘s Charlemagne was very popular, and Niinou received a message requesting he be included in Fate/EXTRA Record, but that would be difficult to do since he is not directly connected.
- They’re also considering doing a full voice-over for Fate/EXTRA Record‘s mob master. “But I’m not sure yet. Maybe we won’t.”
- The development concepts of Fate/EXTRA Record were “Fate/EXTRA once again” (the desire to make a game that can connect to the next one), “high quality,” “for people just meeting Fate and EXTRA for the first time” (to make it so that players new to the series can enjoy it, too), and “to get people familiar with Type-Moon Studio BB.”
- The reason Niinou left Square Enix was to remake Fate/EXTRA, as well as to make another grand title. But in order to make that title, Type-Moon Studio BB first needs to gain recognition through Fate/EXTRA Record so that you will be able to look forward to its titles seven years from now.
- Development on Fate/EXTRA Record started half a year ago.
- Novel parts return. You can talk to most characters.
- Saber will take the lead and go ahead of you in dungeons.
- The battle system has been completely redone. The reason the original had a rock-paper-scissors system was because they wanted to have Servants battle it out in the case of a tie. Now, the battle system is a deck build-style system in which commands flow in randomly each turn, and you have to determine which is the best to use for that turn while avoiding damage. For each battle you win, you will get a new command.
- New monsters will appear.
- All scenes featured in the original game will return.
Platforms and a release date for Fate/EXTRA Record have yet to be announced.
Watch the trailer and gameplay below.
1st Trailer Another Ver.
Fate/EXTRA Series 10th Anniversary Live Stream Archive
(Gameplay from 39:35 to 48:30.)