Softstar Entertainment has released the second official trailer for Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, as well as confirmed that it will release an Xbox One version in addition to the previously announced PlayStation 4 and PC versions.
Here are the latest details, via Softstar Entertainment:
According to the Mohists’ backstory, Mohists have been insisting on preceding admonitions for the past hundreds of years, isolated to the world with their highly advanced technology—clockwork machinery. However, after years of war, some Mohism members advocate toward impacting the world with the clockwork killing weapons.
Hong, Taishi Zhao’s Childhood Friend
Chu Hong is a direct and candid heroine with a decisive mind and a gentle heart, who doesn’t pay too much attention to trivial details. As one of the Mohists, Hong bears strong sympathy for vulnerable people and is willing to help them. As a student to her grandfather, Hong follows the Mohism prohibitions closely and agrees that Clockwork technology should be used in a cautious way.
Xiang, Taishi Zhao’s Baby Sister
Taishi Xiang is the protagonist’s baby sister. As a result of her brother’s love and care for her, Xiang is kind, considerate, and pure. What she wants the most is to live in peace and joy with her brother.
Combat with the Hostile Gearbeast
When engaged in a battle, the two heroines will also support players to fight against enemies.
During the journey, you will not only encounter incredible creatures, famous historical figures but also witness Chinese clockwork fantasy, explore ancient ruins, and solve puzzles.
And here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Xuan-Yuan Sword VII is an action RPG presented in the third-person perspective. The plot is rooted in Chinese history and mythology. Players take on the role of Taishi Zhao, a calm and reliable swordsman who was accidentally involved in a tragic fate. For protecting his beloved family, he starts a journey in this chaotic realm to uncover the truth.
In the last of Western Han Dynasty, the powerful prime minister of China superseded his emperor and build a new dynasty called Xin. In this year, words appeared on the boulders, stone cattles appeared in fields, and ancient tombs cracked, tremendous signs appeared, told a time of peace and prosperity will come. A peculiar bamboo slip in the crypt of Marquis of Liu was delivered to Court Astrologer’s hand.Unexpectedly, Taishi Mansion was badly damaged by a bizarre fire that night, and all his family was killed in the fire and the bamboo slip disappeared.
Ten years later, the prosperity mentioned in the prophecy has never come. A decade of war and famine, the people were miserable, and the chaos had spread among the country.
At this time, the bamboo slip which had disappeared for 10 years emerged again, it caused an uproar…
- Combo-Based Combat – Xuan-Yuan Sword VII is an action RPG with a real-time combat system. A smooth combo-based combat system contains elements such as Active Skills, Dodge, Block, Riposte.
- Elysium Scroll – Elysium Scroll is a bamboo scroll that can be used as a key to Elysium, capable of absorbing monsters, creating items, and more. It can provide several techniques and mechanics during the adventure.
- Elysium Rift – Taishi Zhao’s ultimate technique; slows down the time around him. In this state, he can alter the physical properties of nearby objects.
- Imprison and Fusion Lab – Players can absorb monsters into the Elysium as refining materials for Fusion Lab. Fusion Lab can not only produce new monsters with different shapes and abilities, but also spin Passive Skills out sometimes, which are used to improve Taishi Zhao’s ability.
- Various facilities set in Elysium for improving armors and weapons, as well as developing passive Skills.
- The Mohists and their “Mechanics” – Mohism, an ancient Chinese philosophy of logic, rational thought, and science, was once as popular as Confucianism in China 2200 years ago. In this game, the Mohists are known for their high level “Mechanic“ technology far beyond the times. However, civil disagreements are challenging their faith, making them fall apart in decades. Can the Mohists revive to their former glory or fade in the pages of history? In Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, you will witness the final destiny of the Mohists.
- A Journey in the Oriental Realm – The game takes place in China, 2000 years ago. The development team will bring back the environments, props, humanities, and cultural studies of ancient China into the gameplay. Take a new journey into the chaotic era and roam around the oriental realm.
- Nvidia RTX Support – For PC, Xuan-Yuan Sword VII supports Nvidia RTX, creating a realistic game world.
Watch the trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.