Publisher Funcom and developer The Outsiders have announced rhythm first-person shooter Metal: Hellsinger for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam) during IGN’s Summer of Gaming 2020 live stream. It will launch in 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Part human, part demon, and obsessed with vengeance. Become The Unknown, and fight through the fiercest domains of Hell. Destroy the demon hordes and their leaders to set yourself up for an epic showdown with The Red Judge herself.
Every legend has a song. And yours is one of metal, vengeance, and destruction.
- Slay to the Beat – Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm first-person shooter, where your ability to shoot on the beat will enhance your gameplay experience. The more in sync you are with the rhythm, the more intense the music will become and the more destruction you will cause.
- Demonic Arsenal – Defeat the demon hordes with a skull-clad blade or a wide range of murderous guns. Each weapon has its own ultimate ability, such as Murder of Crows or The Big Goodbye.
- Epic Story and Challenge Mode – Play through an epic storyline, narrated by award-winning actor Troy Baker. Then conquer the leaderboards or challenge your friends to beat your score in Challenge Mode.
- Fight through Fire, Ice, Metal, and Madness – Although commonly known as Hell, The Infernal Planes is in reality a union of a thousand Hells, all of which are terrifying and diabolical in their own way. In order to dethrone The Red Judge, you must fight your way through the fiercest corners, from the icy world of Voke to the maddening world of Stygia.
- From the Lead Designer of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Metal: Hellsinger is created by an experienced first-person shooter team at The Outsiders and is the passion project of David Goldfarb, game director on Payday 2 and lead designer on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- Original Metal Soundtrack – Every track is created specifically for the game with vocals by metal icons, such as Matt Heafy (Trivium), Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity), Björn Strid (Soilwork), and Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy).
Watch the announcement trailer and seven minutes of gameplay footage below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.