Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
An alien world for the taking. Explore, survive and make your fortune. Or die trying.
A resource-rich frontier world has opened up for human exploration and exploitation, where hopefuls claim prospects for a limited time to mine for exotic resources.
Icarus is a free-to-play, multiplayer co-operative survival game. While navigating each prospect’s unique challenges, players must collect meta-resources to permanently progress, create advanced technologies and take on longer missions.
Harsh environments demand an envirosuit, regular oxygen, food and water, shelter and constant attention. The wildlife is easily provoked, and your plans may need to change on the fly. Take the resources you find back up to orbit to craft advanced technology for your drop, either with a crew or solo.
Use your time wisely or be left empty-handed or even left behind. Calculate the risks, stretch your endurance and resources. How far are you willing to go?
Dean Hall, creator of landmark survival game DayZ, invites you to the future of survival gaming.
- Explore – Scout your prospect and find resources to survive a hostile alien environment.
- Exploit – Use tech to locate and mine rare resources.
- Build – Craft shelters and gear to survive the elements and wildlife.
- Escape – Return to orbit in time or be left behind.
- Manufacture – Create more advanced tech in orbit to use in your next prospect.
- Team Up – Support, trade and rescue your friends.
Watch the announcement trailer below. Visit the official website here.